Wizard Volleyball Academy Camp
Are boys and girls welcome? Absolutely!! – Do skill level matter? No. – Our program is designed to help kids at all levels improve their volleyball fundamentals. – Will kids be split in specific groups? – Placement will be based on age and skills level.
- MINI SEASON: ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOLERS – REGISTER
- August 17 Through October 19th. All levels welcome “No Cuts”
- $450.00 Fees include printed shirts, up to 4 hrs. practice weekly.
- Wizard Members: $400.00 – New Members $450.00
- 2019 CLUB TRYOUT $40.00 – free T-Shirt – REGISTER
- CLUB/TRAVEL TRYOUT – AUGUST 2
- (U9 – U14) 6:00 – 7:30 PM – (U15 – U18) 7:45 – 9:15 PM
- MAKEUP TRYOUT U9 – U18 – AUGUST 4 – 1:15 – 4:00 PM
CONTACT: COACH MERLIN THELEUS 561 633-9351
DOWNLOAD SUMMER CAMP FORM HERE: 2019 CAMP FLYER
- PARTICIPANTS EXPECTATION: Must have a great attitude, must be willing to give maximum effort every day. Fundamental and advanced volleyball skills. Strategy and team play will also be covered.
- Space is limited 40 players Max
- 24 Beginners Max
- 24 Intermediate/Advanced
CAMP PROGRAMS SCHEDULES
All sessions are open to boys and girls, ages 8-17, of all abilities and focuses on fundamental and skill development to fit each camper’s needs. In addition, each week will have an extra emphasis that builds upon the week before. Though highly encouraged to do so, players do not have to attend all 3 sessions, and can join for a single session or any combination of sessions. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. We expect campers that complete all 4 sessions to have a very good understanding of their individual skills: passing, setting, serving, hitting and game IQ.
*Please note, the following information may be subject to change.
All Skills Program (offered all sessions)
Fundamental skills learned through progressions
Step-by-step procedures to increase learning
Application of learned skills into drill opportunities
All individual skills will be reinforced with intense, but fun, gameplay
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact US at 561 633-9351 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
4 STATIONS 10/12:1 RATIO
5:00-5:10 PM campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
5:10-6:00 PM Passing and Setting Drills
6:00-6:45 PM Serving and Serving Areas
7:15-8:00 Hitting instructions Techniques “Spike Trainer”
8:00-8:30 Defensive movement and placement on the court
8:30-9:30 6v6 Drills (appropriate to skill level). Review days teachings.